tooth paste expiration date

Is the expiration date for stores or is it also when the effect of the toothpaste and whiting and all that goes away? Or can you use it a few months after the expiration date? Just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Health

• I have no idea..but isn't there a number you can call and maybe ask them? Of maybe to the web site.
    Things expired scare me now...My little brother had a friend die because she was taking expired pills. It was so sad :(
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I had never heard of an expiration date on toothpaste or thought about this before. I'm glad you asked, as I am trying to stock pile things that we use. I look forward to the responses as well.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 7:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't use it, there is flouride and other things in toothpaste that probably aren't good when expired. There is a reason that things have expiration dates on them. Also, do NOT buy toothpaste at dollar stores, they get them from other countries that may have different guidleines for flouride usage. Call the customer service number on the toothpaste and find out.

According to the Crest website, toothpaste is good for 3 years from when manufactured, therefore the effectiveness of the toothpaste lessens after the expiration date. The expiration date is 3 years from when the tube of toothpaste was manufactured.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009