has this happened to anyone? plz share

has anyone had an anatomy scan done only to be told that their baby is in a position where they cannot determine the sex of the baby?
if yes, then have u done a repeat anatomy scan done and was ur baby then discovered to be a girl or a boy?.................i had my natomy scan done but my little one was sleeping and a very heavy sleeper at that too! he/she didn't move enough so we could determine the sex of the baby and i have an anatomy scan on friday and am not sure wat to expect

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Never heard of an ultrasound called an anatomy scan but sure that's what it is. I never paid attention to what is baby's sex. We felt for all three of our kids that that would take away from extreme excitement birth days. Birth is the one hundred percent way to determine sex. Congratulations mommy, babys do sleep. Maybe before your next scan drink there at docs in waiting room some oj. That's what I had to drink before a scan on my baby's heart to wake up the little guy!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We did, with my 1st he was positioned so it was hard to tell. But we didn't really care either way, so she didn't try again later or anything. I've heard to have a little orange juice earlier in the day to give them energy- but not too much, or they move too mch and can't see anything
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• didn't happen with me. my boy moved a lot. good thing i was super excited to see what i was having.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The first time they said it was hard to tell but 90% chance a girl. THe next time I drank a can of pepsi right before my appointment and my litle BOY was moving all over! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Try having some caffine before hand. With mine, the twins showed all their glory lol
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009