6 1/2 weeks and very faint spotting. Did you? What was it?

My doctor told me at my very first prenatal visit that if I started spotting get into their office that day or the next morning for a sonogram. If I was bleeding, go to the ER. I just noticed VERY faint spotting. I'm 6 1/2 weeks along and terrified. Did you spot during your pregnancy around this stage? What did it turn out to be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I spotted with my pregnancies, too, and when I called my doctor, she said it was normal. She also said it is common after intercourse, so that may be it, too. But if you are ever unsure, you should call your doctor if you have one yet. But if it is really light, then I wouldn't worry. You will know if you are going to miscarry and at this early stage, there is nothing a doctor can really do about it if you are miscarrying, unfortunately. Their main goal is to just keep you safe and healthy for the next one.
    LivinDaGoodLife

Answer by LivinDaGoodLife at 7:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I did too. Take it easy and just try to rest and relax and keep your feet up. I spotted with 3 of my four.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I spotted with both of my pregnancies from about 6.5-9.5 weeks. No reason was found in either case, was on bed rest until it passed even though some doctors said that wouldn't make a difference, but it seemed any activity I did brought it on again, so I didn't want to take any chances. First pregnancy resulted in perfectly healthy daughter, still pregnant with second but all looks good so far. Good luck!
    lk2007

Answer by lk2007 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009