Do you hate packing??? I do! I am So unorganized! haha

So I just started packing and I am hoping to be done by the end of the week. I should be doing it now but I have no motivation :"(

WHat Helps You Get Motivated?

Any tips On Packing??

san-1

Asked by san-1 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If your kids are old enough, you can get them involved - make a game of it - like "beat the clock", something like - lets set the timer and see if you guys can bring me everything in that closet and I can get it in the box before the timer goes off, then make a big deal over if you beat it or not.

Also, if you aren't going far and the stuff is light, you can leave stuff in drawers and things - again - if it's light and it's a somewhat short distance.

Use this time to throw out or get rid of what you don't really want / need - why pack, haul, and unpack junk?

MARK everything - I try to do top and side of the box - you don't want to be playing "find the whatever" through every box at the other end.

You can use towels, sheets, etc, as packing material if you need it, this saves you in packing material, it also serves double duty - you don't have to pack the linens specifically.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Are you packing to move....or going on a vacation? Either way, I HATE packing, too. I swear, my house could be immaculate, but if I have to pack to go somewhere, it'll look like a tornado swept through when I'm done. Packing to move...crap, it took me MONTHS. Good luck! Music is s good motivator!
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 7:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes packing to move..and my house Does Look like a disaster! haha I am listening to music to..Luckily I was able to get most of the big stuff out already :)..itsll the clothes, toys, dishes, bathroom, bedroom stuff, linnens and things.
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I hate packing we are packing to move also. I found it works well when I only pack one room at a time. I went through the kitchen today and packed up all the non essentials.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I worked through the closets and cupboards. Toss out or donate things that you haven't been using, better to get rid of them now rather than pack them, move them, and have to find a place to store them before throwing them out later on.

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009