Who as the fright to go in first to see a new baby

My great niece was born today, so when they said someone could go back I went. Well other people got mad b/c i went before them.

who should go first.

family or freinds.

TXMOM1980

Asked by TXMOM1980 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DO you mean besides the Father?? I didn't know there were any rules about who has the right to see a baby first. I don't think you were wrong. Eventually everybody will get to see the baby. If people got mad that is just immaturity in my oppinion. A baby being born should be a joyful occasion!!!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Did everybody get a chance to see the baby? If so, why does it matter? In general though, family should go first. If there is a very close best friend though, more distant relatives should offer to let the best friends go first, imo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Um yeah! Everyone was in my room when my dd was born and then friends came later when they had the chance, it didnt really matter who came first just that everyone saw her. In fact my dad held my baby after all my friends cause he said he would have the rest of his life to hold her.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 7:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• the hospital told you or the mom or grandma told you? I wouldn't worry about it. Just call the grandparents and offer your congrats and ask them every thing they want to brag about. They'll appreciate your interest in their own pride of a new grandchild and relax .

The mommy's partner, I think, and mommy should say who's first. It really doesn't matter. From today to tomorrow or next week whoever has to wait to see baby, baby will not at all change in that time in looks or habits. Poop is poop at one hour old or a week or three weeks.

Congratulations Auntie!!!!! Tell us about her, how many pounds, name? First baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• well daddy should def be first no matter what, then close family and friends. if distant family is there for the occasion they should go after the very close friends (those that you would consider family) thats just my opinion. but really everyone will get to see the baby so it shouldn't matter.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Brooke Marie was born at 2:02 pm and came in ar 6 lbs 13 ox 18 inches long. Well my sister in law and mother in law allready saw the baby, as well as the "freinds" that where there when she was born. I was at work. and If i made them mad i do not care. i am the great auntie.
    TXMOM1980

Answer by TXMOM1980 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think family first, then friends. My husband, mom, and sister were in the delivery room when I had my daughter, so obviously they held her first, but I think friends should give you a couple of hours before they visit.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• And a great great auntie you are!!!! She sounds beautiful!!!!!!! What a pretty name! Any siblings for Brook Marie? AWWWWWWW

Baby Brook
    How
    You've got
    Auntie Hooked
    from Now
    Til Ever More
    With your Smile
    You will Open
    Many A Door!!!!!!

Enjoy baby Auntie!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Family first. Parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, great aunts and uncles. Actually, about half the world got to see my son before I did :( He went straight to the NICU after my c-section and I was on magnesium and stuck in bed for another 36 hours.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 9:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• When my DD was born, her dad and his mom were in the room when she was born, along with my mom so they were the first to see her.

Of the others who stayed out in the waiting room (my best friends, her dads brother, sister in law, niece and nephew), my best friends where the first ones in the room after. My ex's brother made the comment "family first" and his wife went off on him, because during my whole pregnancy while his brother abandoned me, it was my best friends who where there. Not them. They ARE family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2009