Pack N Play with Changing "table" question

So I want to buy a new pack n play for my new baby and I see these great ones with changing tables on them- I hve read a few reviews and I keep noticing that they are great until baby gets to be about 10 pounds then most of the changing "tabes" are flimsy- have you found this to be true? Should I just save the$$ and buy a standard pack n play without the extra changing table? If it is only good for 10 punds, I don't want to spend an extra 50$ -
thanks for the input ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i've never used the changing table part of mine. it has a bassinet piece that sits only about half a foot to a foot below the changing table part so i've just used that. the changing table part scares me the same way, seems it isn't strong enough to hold a baby. if i were to buy one (i didn't buy this its a hand me down) i'd just get one w/the bassinet part (this way you don't have to bend over so much in the first few months) and maybe a mobile for baby to look at when she/he gets a little older.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree with not getting the packNplay with changing table. They can be flimsy from the reviews ive read as well. My mom has 2 packNplays for when the boys and i come to visit and we get along just fine w/out changing tables with them. I think she paid 25 or 30 dollars for them. Just my oppinion though it's totally up to you.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I got a pack-n-play with a changing table, BUT I took it off because my back would hurt from bending over. So I recommend that if you do get one with a changing table to get one that has it a little higher. I hope this make sense. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• When I had one, my favorite part was the changing table! It had a little slot to put the diapers in so they were always handy and I really loved the bassinet part too. Funny, I never actually used the bottom part. I sold it when my daughter was about 10 months old because we really didn't use it very much. It did have a high re-sale value though, so as long as you'd take care of it, it'd be easy to get rid of later if you didn't like it. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 8:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't get the one with the changing table. I felt it was very flimsy and never would have put my newborn on it. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Funny how everyone is different ..... I loved my Graco Pack -n- Play with a changing table. My son was born 8 lbs 4 oz, so he got to be 10 lbs fairly quickly. I don't ever remember thinking it was flimsy or unsafe. There just came a point when he was too big for it so we removed it and just used the playpen part. I can't remember exactly how old he was! I think especially if you have a 2 story house it is great thing to have. It was so convenient to have a changing table upstairs and downstairs.
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 8:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son was 10lbs when he was born and mine held him just fine. I used it for a couple of months. The only reason I quit using it was because the pack n play was taking up too much room. I also liked that it had the bassinet feature.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i would save my money if I were you. I rarely used the changing table at all.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009