How can I stay strong?

I broke up with my alcoholic boyfriend today... he has stayed away the past four day because of alcohol & I have really been getting tired of not being with himor being able to talk to him so today when I was at work, I went up to my old place of work (he works up there and I use to) to go to a birthday BBQ for my friend. When we were done, he brought me back to my job and I asked him if he was going to come over tonight...he said "I dont know" so I told him that we should break up, that I was tired of only seeing him 3 out of 7 days a week because of the booze...he kinda got mad and then said "I love you sweetie, have a great day" He wrote me an email saying that he doesnt want me to be right about all of this but that he really needs to get his life together because he feels sorry for himself and wastes away. That he was sorry and he doesnt know what to do.. that I have helped him a lot and that he loves me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• being strong is the only way to save the relationship. So if that is important to you you will do it so he can get himself straight.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Alcoholics Anonymous and its' related support groups for relatives and loved ones of alcoholics ...sorry for your pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009