how can i get my baby to eat cereal freqently.

my baby of 5 months rarely eats cereal,she stopped breastfeeding at four months on her own.she prefers taking more of formula now. i am worried that she doesnt eat well.

therese1

Asked by therese1 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She doesn't need anything more then formula or breast milk at this point. She will let you know when she is ready for more.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Try mixing cereal with a bit of fruit. I even alternated with vegetables daily.
    MaWolf

Answer by MaWolf at 8:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• She will get there - just keep offering. Her body will let her know when it's time - it's different for each one :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son likes mixed cereal and will eat a lot of oatmeal cereal when mixed with apple juice. But at 5 months i would stick to the formula or what ever liquid you give her. Shes fine.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Solids are recommended at 6 months so if she isn't ready she isn't ready. If you give a BF baby a choice between nursing and bottles they will choose bottles majority of the time, especially during a growth spurt like at 4 months. Cereal has VERY little nutritional value...use something else more nutritcious like sweet potao, avacado or banana
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Any food before the first year is really just for practice. Babies don't need it. So, no worries. You can offer her things to try, but give her time to get the hang of it. Also, mix the cereal with formula, not water and she might like the taste better. I have a day care baby that has started eating the oatmeal cereal and she seems to prefer that over the rice cereal, so that might be something to try.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• thanks ladies for your advice and concerns.i appreciate.
    therese1

Answer by therese1 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009