Does anyone know of any safe pillows for toddlers?

My son is 2 and I bought him a cute personalized pillow case, but I am concerned about putting a pillow in his crib.

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 8:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 2 and he just uses a normal pillow...why not put him in a toddler bed? just curious....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It is common knowledge and factual suveys reveal that any pillow is not a necessity. Toddlers aren't in need of pillows. My daughter is almost 8 yrs. of age and never uses a pillow , and if / when I see her sleeping on one, after she is "out", I remove the pillow so that it won't put stress on her neck and shoulders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my son i also two, and he also uses a regular pillow...I like big fluffy pillows, but his is thin and more firm....
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 8:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my kids have always had a pillow even when they were babies. my dd is 2 and has been in a toddler bed with a pillow since she was 18 mts. and my ds is 5 mts and he sleeps with a pillow on his crib.(he sleeps in my room)
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My two year old started stuffing a blanket under her head, so we got a toddler pillow at Babies R Us. It was about $10, and seems fine. I am not concerned about a two year old suffocating on a pillow.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son is 14 months and he's had a pillow for months. We co-slept when I was breastfeeding and he got so used to resting his head on my arm that he would never go to sleep unless his head was propped up. No harm done.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Should be fine. If you go to Wal-mart and search "toddler pillow" there's a nice one. It was $20, but it's a sleep right or something like that were it keeps the childs spine properly aligned. My daughter really likes it. She's 2 and has had it for 2 months now.

Or you could get a travel pillow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I gave my little guy one of our old pillows. It's flatter and thinner, so its just a bit of support without worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I use one of those toddler pillows from Ikea. It gives him a little elevation, but he sleeps on his stomach now, so he usually rolls right off the pillow and sleeps flat.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• wqe just use a reg. pillow
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2009