ugh...maternity clothes

So the pants give me mom butt (yes I am going to continue to blame that on the pants as long as i can), and all the shirts have horizontal stripes or really strange patterns. and the ones that aren't strangely patterned have the strangest sayings on them...

What was your least favorite part of your first maternity clothes shopping trip?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the fact that my boobs are huge and body is still regular, besides the belly, and no shirt will fit me unless I get it super big and have it taylored down to the rest of me.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I didn't like the pants. I used loose tops from the non-maternity section as much as I could. I figured I could wear them post-pregnancy also.

I remember Jackie Kennedy telling how she didn't use maternity clothes, she just wore larger sizes.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I hate it when I'm in the "in between" phase. Where my clothes are getting snug but I'm nowhere near big enough for a maternity shirt or pants.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• op- yeah I would try the larger sizes thing but I have actually lost weight so the problem with pants I am having is that the waistband hurts when i sit down, not so much that they don't fit. for shirts, I am definitely going to have to raid the normal section for empire waisted and flowy tops
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Bras! I grew from a 34DDD to a 36J almost overnight, and I almost cried at the look the saleswoman gave me when I went in to find maternity bras. She looked at me like I was Jabba the Hut or something, even though I wasn't even that big yet! Then she asked her co-worker "Is 36J even a real size?" and I really could have hit her lol!
    I however loved my maternity pants bc they were so comfy close to the end, and my maternity dresses too. I didn't really care how I looked after month 8, and to have comfy clothes made all the difference!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Emuu- holy cow! I hate to sound like the sales lady, but I didn't know that they made J either. I can imagine how that could make you hate bra shopping.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am long torso'd and it doesnt seem like ANY of the makers of maternity clothes acknowledge that prego ladies can actually be tall! It is very hard to find shirts that even make it to my pants when my belly isnt popped out so by the end of pregnancy, I am pretty much screwed
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 8:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Let's see.... Seam line that go through the middle of my breasts rather than under, and so many shirts seem to have those seams, it'd be fine if they were lower, my chest it a little too big for most of them. That and why are the stupid shirts so short! Seriously, maybe I just have a longer than typical torso or something, but most of those shirts just won't cover my stomach not pregnant not to mention pregnant! Bras, definitely, I am now something like a 36F, I have to order bras online to even get one in my size and I HATE that! Pants are actually the one thing I don't mind, you just have to find the right ones.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Rhianna--if your regular pants are just a bit tight, loop a rubber band or ponytail holder through the button hole & then around the button. Make a knot around the botton hole by slipping one end through the other. Pull it tight against the button hole & it should leave you a loop. Put that around the button, secure the zipper & you are set. It gives you an extra inch or two of stretch--perfect for when you sit down. It is great when things are a little tight.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• op- I tried the rubber band thing and my pants fell down! lol I have actually gone down a pants size since i got pregnant
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009