This is what my teen said to me today.... Makes me wonder why I even keep trying.

After being out all weekend, refusing to come home, me not knowing where she was and the cops having filed a CPS report on me (which is now putting the negative light on her due to her actions and inactions) she finally came home today like nothing happened... at 8:30 this morning: But less than an hour later she said, "At least I get dick.... I don't have to go suck dick for $20 like you do..."

She is 14. I am ready to just turn my back and walk away. No one else wants her. Why do I even bother with this kid? Counseling you say she needs? She needs jail or boot camp.

She defies my rules, refuses to do what she is told and has assaulted me in the past more than once. She knows this going to be out of here and put in another place, maybe a military school or boot camp if this continues. She doesn't care about anything I say and uses me until she can get what she wants and then turns into a monster.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Did you ever see that show Brat Camp? It was a wilderness survival camp. Now, reality tv is definitely not the answer. However, the concept of a survival camp is a good idea. Check into some programs. Sage Walk was the one on the show, I think. But if its expensive, and I am assuming it is, ask them about alternatives. She needs inervention NOW.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah and you can't slap the sh*t out of her either or CPS is at your door right away. Kids like that need their asses kicked in my opinion. Sorry.
    I'd send her to one of those military boot camp places for awhile. I don't think jail will teach her anything, she'll probably think it's "cool" and try to become more of the hardass she thinks she is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• She needs to be sent to an "alternative school", where she can live and learn what it's like to not be able to talk like that and get away with it. It will be hard for you, because she's your daughter, but it sounds long overdue.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Um, wow. I don't really have any advice as my children are all much younger than that still. I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are dealing with this and my thoughts are that she needs something like a "Scared Straight" program or something like that. If she's doing and saying things like that at only 14 years old I can't imagine what she'll be doing at 17 if something doesn't happen to change her attitude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• awe,.well have you heard this statement?..."when a teen seems the least lovable,.its when they need love the most." soo true. but i have to say what she said to you wouldve got me samcked acroos the face.(bad thing to do by the way) but she is 14. i was expecting her to be 16 or 17. hmm well you might be right in sending her away if shes assalting you. you shouldnt stand for that. im usually the one saying to let a teen be a teen..as in dont get too worked up about sneaking out and the sex issue but truly this icant defend. she needs to be dealtwith.but remember the quote i said. good luck momma
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• send her away to an all girls school, that will straighten her ignorant butt out real fast.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yes send her to a boot camp!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• maybe military school is a good idea. my SIL was a horrible teen, she did unspeakable things and treated my MIL like crap, but after a few years in military school she learned how to be respectful.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Next time she hits call the police and let her butt sit in Juvie for a few days. As her parent all you are required to supply her with is a bed, clothes and food. You do not have to give them a room, name brand clothes, or gourmet food. They do not require cell phones, cable, internet or car keys/rides. Break her life down to necessities. She runs away. Report her as such. Unfortunately she is likely going to have to have her ass handed to her to get a clue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• btw~has anyone taught her about sexually transmitted diseases? you can still get them even if you're using condoms! ask her how she'd like to her hoo-hoo looking like cauliflour (hpv)
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009