How often do I brush my baby's teeth?

My daughter is 11 months old. Should I brush her teeth after every meal or are baby teeth more sensitive and need brushed less?

mamamia855

Asked by mamamia855 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I brushed my dd 3 times a day one in the morning after lunch and nightime.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 8:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Only with water or gum cleanser
    kirsty_mcgrail

• My son's dentist told me not to do it until he was 2 1/2, and then mostly to get him used to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I gently rubbed the teeth with a clean washcloth until the little one was old enough to use a mild tooth paste. This was on the instruction of our dentist.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My sons pediatric dentist suggests to use training toothpaste until 2yrs. old and to brush 2x a day. That is what i have done with my sons and it works for us.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• twice a day, just like yours (you should have started by wiping off baby's gums with a soft coth several months ago)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• They shouldnt be going the whole day or night with milk on their teeth. You really only need to do it twice a day but my dd has a tooth that always catches food so I brush after lunch also!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• morning and at night Its easy for us to remeber because we just brush our sons teeth after we brush ours in the morning & @ night time
    ashnbra1

Answer by ashnbra1 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009