as a supplement to someone else's baby shower question

do you throw your own or wait for someone else to throw one for you?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• normally someone will throw one for you. some people chose to throw one as a surprise for you, but most will talk to you about it to get input (food, guest lists etc...). if you aren't sure, you can ask a close friend or family member if they would be willing to possibly host one for you.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I couldnt imagine throwing my own baby shower. It just seems very rude to me!! I have never been to a baby shower where someone through it for themselves so it just seems weird. But with all three of my pregnancies someone offered to throw my shower as soon as I found out I was prego!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 8:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• op- thanks ladies. this is my first baby and I have been to a total of 1 baby shower ever!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Well I kinda threw my own really. I did the invitations and planned almost all of it. My mom and grandma technically hosted it for me though. I am the kind of person that likes to be in charge and organized etc. so I didn't have a problem with doing it, and I will probably do it again.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 8:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If you find that no one will throw one, then perhaps you can do as Bamzakarat did and throw it yourself but have someone else host it. No one else would have to know that you were actually doing it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• would it be ok for a husband to host one for his wife? one of our neighbors did that and called it a diaper party and made it co ed. maybe you could try something like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I threw my own baby shower...I planned, did the invitations, blew up the balloons and decided what games to play. and I had a blast.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It's tough when you don't have family around to throw one for you and no friends to do it either. I may talk to some friends and see about throwing my own since I am having my first girl. I would throw one myself if nobody would throw one for me; but I would prefer to have someone throw one for me.
    pruden5956

Answer by pruden5956 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2009