here's a strange one

So I think my hubby's ex wife is going to give me some maternity clothes. Should I fell weird about it? They wouldn't be ones from the son that they share together, but from her second pregnancy with her current. And it's not like she and I don't get along or anything, but I am not quite sure if I should feel awkward or just accept them graciously as I would from any friend???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Y accept them that is something really to break tension between u two if there is any! Maybe she does want to be more friendly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• *ya
    Anonymous

• Accept them graciously. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• op- she is friendly to me, and there is no tension. how can there be tension when we don't ever talk or see one another? we live literally an ocean apart and the only time i talk to her is when hubby can't answer his phone when his son is with us and she calls
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• well i would accept them and if i felt awkward than i just wouldn't wear them. you can always just hold onto them til your baby is born and pass them along. but really thats nice of her most ex wives i know of wouldn't offer to help at all when theres a new baby on the way for the new wife. so just be as gracious as possible and go with whatever you feel about it. just remember to be as nice as possible b/c that is your step childs mom so you don't want to ruin an obviously good relationship.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would smile, thank her, and go on. It was really nice of her I think to offer you her clothing, and it wasn't like they were clothes from their child. If you feel weird wearing them, then you can always find someone who needs them or donate them somewhere. To turn them down might offend her, and you sound like you've worked hard to create an amiable relationship- too hard to have it damaged over something as minor as clothes! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If you can use them , then you should accept them .
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• ok unless you say she is a practicing witch i think your ok :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would accept them. It's not like it was the clothes she wore when she was pregnant with your husband's baby or anything. I would think of it as just being used maternity clothes, which in my opinion are the best kind since you'll only wear them a few months. I say be gracious and accept them since she is trying to be nice obviously.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• busy loving him- lmao! thank you, I needed that laugh today. and thankfully, even if she were a practicing witch we get along well enough when we do talk and see one another that I wouldn't really have to worry about it. now hubby on the other hand...jk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009