OMG WHAT DO I DO?? I feel so bad

So im sitting at the comp and my next door neighbors are outside, i hear a little girl start talking, the mom i guess is next door to me, the little girl is at the apt across from ours, about 20ft. Well the mom screams get your F***ing A** in the house. I can hear the little girl say mommy then hear obvious smacking/spanking, i look through my curtain and see the mom holdin the kid by 1arm smacking her butt, hard enough that i can hear it and the child is screaming. She darn near those the kid in the house, shuts the door n walks back over to the people she was talkin to, i can hear them out there, i dont know why she cant stay in there, and another saying that sh*t was so funny. This kind of thing happens all the time, what do i do? If i call the police they will know its me because i am the only person in our section that doesnt hang out with them, but i see it so much and my heart is crying for this baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Poor kid...I have to admit I used to lose my temper (and sometimes I do) and I yell at my kids to get in the house. I do not spank unless as a last resort (I used to spank all the time but I realized I was taking my anger out on my child). Please either get help for the child so the parents can get the help they need. For me, I realized on my own that I was getting out of control with discipline and parenting issues. I got help and am going to counseling and getting therapy to control my emotions (especially anger) and pass the good advice to my hubbie. Help the child and then help the parents. If they love their child, they will get the help needed; if they are just scum that have kids, they won't get the help because they don't want it. Good luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If the child is in diapers, there is alot more noise than injury. However, sounds to me a perfect case of white trash syndrom.

I probably wouldn't call the police or anything, unless the child is left in the house unsupervised for long periods of times.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would definately call the police, anon, of course. It doesnt matter if they assume it is you, who knows what is happening behind closed doors. Some people are scum bags, and need a wake up call. I am sad just hearing this :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Call DCFS you can do anon . It would be one thing if the child was doing something dangerous but another if shes just sitting there being good. You like Martina McBride? I haven't liked country music in eons however there is a song about whats it called Concrete Angel or something about a little girl who was abused and no one did anything. Even though their was bruises, and her clothes were dirty dirty. Take pictures if you can, record her yelling at her daughter like that. Children should not be treated like that.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• well you can still call its not like you are the only one in your house,it could be a visitor or someone walking by,i dont know why people do that, my kid just gets told no sometimes and im sure people think we are beating him(from his screaming) but theres no need to talk to your kids in that way.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• This is a young child who may be living in a dangerous situation. I would feel obligated to have child services make a visit to the home,

Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES!! ANONYMOUS. ENOUGH SAID.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who works for CPS and she said she is going to stop by my house, to "hang out" then while she is here if she sees or hears the abuse she will flash her badge and take appropriate action so that i am not singled out. For the first poster, all people involved are black, im not saying that has anything to do with it. This stuff happens every day either the parents are fighting, i can hear the ones right next door throwing each other around and the ones across are always screaming at each other. I know I have to do something as a mother, i hope having my friend come over will get this little girl some security.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Good thing your friend is coming over, this takes the heat off of you. As for hearing someone being thrown around and screaming, CALL THE POLICE. That person could end up dead from the abuse they are going through. I would also move as quickly as possible.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I didn't mean it to be "white" as racial, I was using it as a type of person. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Good luck with your friend coming over. :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009