What's the odds that a ftm(first time mother) will brake her water naturally?

are ftm more like to brake their water or are mother's with more children more likely?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first, I was having contractions but wasn't sure so I was taking a bunch of baths. Apparently, my water broke but the baby moved down and acted like a tampon (that's how they discribed it!!). So they had to help it out. With my second, my water didn't break and than we found out she was breech so I had to have a c-setion. Everyone is different!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 9:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I was a first time mom and my water broke at work in front of my students.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• my water broke naturally both times--- weird though with my first my water broke then labor stated 4 hours later
    with my ds #2 my labor started 4 hours BEFORE my water broke BUT when it broke it was time to push LOL he was out in 10 minutes flat I wasnt even registered yet LOL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I honestly couldn't tell you. Personally, my water broke with my first son, it was about half an hour after I'd gone to bed, laboring followed. With my second son my water broke on it's on seconds before he was actually born, and after around 7 1/2 hours of laboring.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My mom told me She had to start pushing immediately and I was still in my water sack as I was being pushed out so they had to burst it, or w/e its called, while she was pushing...LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I don't know. My water broke as I was walking home from work-my daughter wasn't born for another 16 hours though.
    wikem81

Answer by wikem81 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i don't know either. my water broke at around 9am, i was in active labor by noon and my baby was born at 6pm.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2009