What was the worst Christmas Day in your life?

I think mine would have to be December 25th 2008. It was the very last day of my pregnancy. I was going to be induced on the next day. I remember being sooooooo pregnant and soooooooooo miserable. I was soooooooooo ready to just push my daughter out on top of the Christmas table. Didn't help that every kid in the family was there, and that they all called me fat instead of saying I was pregnant.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The first Christmas after Dad died. He loved Christmas, and it was hard to not have him there.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The first Christmas after my dad passed away (so it was 1995). My mom did everything she could to make it the best Christmas ever...I got EVERYTHING I wanted!! But it was so sad because my dad wasn't there
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 9:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• 2004. i moved far away from my family to live with a boyfriend (we knew each other for 10 years so it's not like I "ran away" lol) but we broke up the following year and I moved into the next available place i could find, which ended up being way out in the country. i had no phone reception, no tv, just the radio. I spent xmas day that year putting up blinds and listening to tony bennett xmas songs on the radio. I drove about 5 miles to the nearest payphone to call mom and wish her a merry xmas. it was a very lonely time for me.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• This question had me really thinking, I don't think I ever had a sad Christmas, I love Christmas,when,my Mom passed away on Nov.21 2005, we were so sad,but, we pulled it together for each other.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Not sure. Most Christmases when I was little I ended up sick some how and just lying on the couch, miserable.
    Probably the worst was 1999 when I called home to wish my parents a Merry Christmas and they told me my grandma had died that morning. Her funeral was on the 30th and I spent New Year's Eve driving home then had to get up for work the next morning on the 1st. Totally sucked.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Christmas 2000, first one without dad. He used to give us money in the funniest ways. Even as adults we looked forward to it. (we're talking $100 for each kid $200 for the grown-ups). One year he duct-taped each family members money to a brick. I mean he REALLY used a whole roll of duct tape on each. It would took us at least an hour to unroll the tape. Our first Christmas without him was quiet, sad and solemn.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The Christmas after my aunt died. She was always pretty grouchy, especially at family functions. She also had MS so she usually wasn't feeling well. The Christmas before she died though she was glowing, playing with all of the kids and having a wonderful time. Everyone was so happy to see her so happy. She died less than a month later. The next Christmas was really hard because all I could think about was how a year ago she was so happy for once. I think about that every Christmas now, and I miss her everyday.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The first Christmas after my grandfather died suddenly. I was 12 and he had helped raise me. He had barely been gone a month and I really wasn't in the Christmas spirit. Despite my asking to spend the day quietly reading somewhere, my mother's husband insisted I come out to unwrap presents with his family (who he had also insisted we visit).

When I didn't show the appropriate glee over my presents (I wasn't rude, I just wasn't hyperactive) and asked to be excused, he waited until I was in the guest room and kicked the door in yelling at me about what an "ungrateful little b*tch" I was and tried to force me back out into the living room to sit and be cheerful whether I "F&^%% felt like it or not".

His parents has to come to my rescue and remind him that I was "allowed" to grieve. I wanted to curl up and die.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 10:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Any with the in laws. Doesn't help that my aunt died in Feb. and I spent this last year with the in laws instead of with my family. it would have been my last Christmas with her, and I missed it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Christmas 2004...that was the Christmas when hubby, myself, and our 6 month old daughter spent the wee hours of the morning in the ER 10 1/2 hours from home after being hit by a drunk driver. We were travelling to the in-laws to surprise them for Christmas and 30 minutes from their house some idiot who was driving the wrong way on the interstate almost hit us head on. Thankfully hubby was able to move over just in time and the guy ended up scraping the whole side of the car. Our car was totaled and it was just a stressful start to our Christmas vacation. Praise the Lord we were all okay though!
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 11:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009