My baby's breech, so does that mean my water wont brake?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont think it means that, it just means your baby is feet first and the doc is will probably try to have the baby change positions or you may need a c-section if the baby doesnt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• How many weeks are you?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I'm 35wks. I was just wondering, b/c the doctor is kinda worried about her b/c she wont move any other position (not even horizontal) so there's still time,but just wanted to know
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• no your water will brake when its darn good and ready.....presenting part has nothing to do with it.... and a GOOD doctor can safely deliver a breech baby (I was breech so was my sister and so was my mother and we're all vaginal deliveries)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My baby was head down and my water didn't break...
    But she just turned head down at 37 weeks.
    Maybe you're lucky and the baby will still turn!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Melrn- my doctor has been in the business for a long a** time he told me he like delivering a breech baby, but hospitals don't want to do it anymore...too many things can go wrong
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I was just wondering. She may turn her little self around. With all these questions you are asking, it sounds like your getting a little nervous. Good Luck with everything!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If i had a breech baby I would NOT want the doc to try to deliver it! that just seems like an unnessarily disaster waiting to happen! Even heard of a baby who's head is too big to be delivered through the birth canal? If your doc decided to try to deliver your breech baby and everything came out and then her head got stuck... she could VERY die from lack or oxygen to the brain. That is something I wouldnt risk no matter how experienced my doc was. Thats just my personal opinion.

As for your water breaking... that has nothing to do with the position of the baby. But if it were me, I would be praying that my water didnt break. I would want an E-version or a scheduled c-section
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 9:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son was breech and refused to turn. . . I tried different exercises but it didn't help. . . He was delivered by C-section. I know that isn't the prefered method but it was the safest. His cord presented first and could have been compressed during delivery causing some very server problems. You still have time for the baby to turn, I would ask your doc about exercises to encourage this. However you may need to consider a c-section.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Your water will absolutely break in its own time, or baby will be born in caul which is just fine. 35 weeks is WAY too early to worry about it. I would have a breech baby at home, or go to the hospital pushing, but if you are not comfortable with a breech vaginal, at least allow labor to start before going in for a c/s. Babies can turn vertex well into labor. The big risk with breech is that the bottom/legs/feet do not "fill" the cervix, which may allow the cord to prolapse, but the risk is still very small.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009