Would you die for your beliefs?

If you were told that you would die if you did not convet to another religion, would you rather die? Or would you sacrifice your beliefs to live and stay with your family?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 9:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would definately die for my beliefs. I will not deny My Lord and Savior.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Sheeyit. I'd do whatever I have to do, but I wouldn't like it. That's the good thing about being an atheist, if anyone forced you to convert, you wouldn't be betraying any other deity.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I would never live in such a country. Because I live in this country with freedom of religion you have to believe your questions means I'd choose to to move live in a country with such a belief. I would never move to a country like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Anon, things change. Do not assume just because our country is like it is now that it will never change. You live in a world of security. But that security can be quickly taken away. Think about 9/11. Those people went to work thinking they were secure in their life. They had a job, family, and worked in the greatest country on Earth. Yet they met their end as the result of terrorists that hated them for no other reason than they were Americans. Never say, it can't happen to me.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i would die for my beliefs, i would never even pretend to be anything but a satanist.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Thanks SalemWItchChild as soon as i saw that second plane hit the wtc i knew my husband would be doing rescue work there. he went in with his company two days later. I know our country can be attached likely next year but it will not be whenever it happens more than an attack. It will not be a successful overpowering of our entire country that is why I said what I did. Don't live in fear live prepared and strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Anon, I do not live in fear. If history has taught us anything its that Countries live and die. It just takes longer. There will always be change. We cannot avoid it. I'm not saying you should live in fear. That's not my purpose. But do not assume that things will always be as they are.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yes I would because I do not fear death. I believe that where I am going is a beautiful place so I have no reason to lie or hide my faith in order to be with my family, because I believe I will be with them for eternity, and I too would not deny God.
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Being prepared lessens your fear that you speak of to never assume things will never change. Change will come. We will be attacked again. But we will not be overpowerd into a country government like the terrorists. Prepared does not mean no change. Prepared means deal with change and its aftermath.

Our world or mine if that is what your are speaking of is not secure at all. We are at war overseas. We will be at war here. Our difference is I have belief in our strength you have belief in uncertainty and unmanagable change. The strength I believe in will not stop terrorism against our country. The strength I know exists in our country will stop a change from our country government set up for generations from our country's government being changed to being set up similar to where our military now is primarily in war.

I agree with you that change will come. We just disagree on the depth of that change forced upon us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Anon, This is a hypothetical situation. I'm not saying our country is going to be over run by terrorists. I'm thinking about the far future. Hundreds of years from now. You may not be alive then. But I know you can pretend. Just try to put yourself in this situation. You have no choice. You cannot just move. You are faced with an army that requires your surrender to their terms, or they will pull the trigger and your dead. What do you do?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009