Tell me all about your potty training experiences! :)

Tell me your potty training stories, when you started, how you started, how long it took, :).

I just started with my twins today, and so far our thing (which could change daily) has been to clear out the living room of toys (except a basket of books and some toys, and sitting the two baby pottys on either side of the basket. I have the tv on also. They are just naked, and im sitting them down on the potties every 30 mins. They have both peed three- four times on the pot and pooed (they usually go once a day) on the pot once. Sophia peed on the floor once, and Lily did twice.
For naps and night times we will do diapers for a while.
I think I am going to try this for a week, and if its not going anywhere i'll put everything away for a few weeks and try again.
they both stay pretty dry during naps and night time, tell me when they are going "stinky" and pull their diapers off at the 1st sign of wetness.

mumof2wins

Asked by mumof2wins at 9:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD whos now 5-shes a Sophia too was all done by two then at 27 months my DS was born and boy was I in trouble... she took her diaper off peed and pooped on the floor (all over) and told me "if you can change his diaper you can change mine I am not using a potty anymore!" oh yeah that went on for 6 MONTHS!!
    DS is 2.5 we have the pee pee thing down poppy is not going well I'm trying new advice from my pediatrician sitting him at 9am on the grown up potty with a timer set for 6 minutes and again at 7pm-- I've had a few poopys on the potty but no where near success
    I've tried candy cookies lollipops and stickers I'm almost going to try bribery with a DOG (God Help me)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• It's been shockingly well. She's in day care, so that helps a lot. I started at around 1. I got apotty and left in the the living room for a while for dd to play with. Then I moved it to the bathroom and had dd sit on it clothed while I used the bathroom. After a while I started putting her on the potty after baths naked and once she actually used it! :) Around 2, the day care started helping. They put her on the potty at every diaper change and it was hit or miss if she would go. She was telling me after she went, so I got some of those thick gerber training pants and put her in them after work and on weekends. I washed so many!!! Anyhow, after 2 weeks of that, she started going on her own. I left the potty chair in the living room and she'd pull her pants down and go on her own. didn't even tell me! And has been using the potty ever sense (3 weeks now). Only 1-2 accidents a week. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My son pees in the potty irregularly. No poops yet. He tells me after he goes, so now we sit him on it 20 minutes after a sippy cup. We only let him have his cup with snacks or meals and he goes on the pot before nap and bed time, and also right after he gets up. He sometimes asks for the potty but not consistently, I'm being patient because I know I'm the only one doing it. When he goes with his dad they just stick a diaper on him.
    reecenkaden

Answer by reecenkaden at 12:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009