playful or not?

I was in the kitchen making dinner and since the hubby cam ein and he had his jammies on i decided to pull his pants down,,,I thought it was funny till he swung his fist at me,I just kept on laughing and was like man you hit like a butterfly..I was in a playful mood,he never is in a playful mood. Was I out of line to do this? Do you ladies ever tease your significant other?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• All the time. We always play around.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think it's good to be playful, but he shouldn't be swinging his fist at you. Why don't you ask him how felt about it?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• tell him to lighten up, he shouldn't have tried to hit you, unless he was playing too and wasn't really going to hit you.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• it wasnt a nice punch he hit my arm hard as he could it really surprised me,now he says he wants sex, I dont feel like giving him any specially when he acts like that...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You seem really unconcerned about him hitting you. It's not okay! Doesn't matter what you did, you don't get to hit each other. I think there is more to worry about than whether he is a playful person. How about whether he is violent?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• His attitude even with the kids has been really aweful, he doesnt hit the kids but I dont want to feel like I cant play with my husband he is like an old dog who just doesnt wanna play...I think i made a mistake marrying an older man. Believe me I told him that wasnt nice and he goes well I dont do that to you,and I'm like noo maybe not in the kitchen but you sure as hell do in the bedroom and I sure as hell didnt hurt you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Don't tell him to lighten up. You shouldn't imply how another person should feel. However, you should ask what it was that caused his inappropriate behaviour. Violence is not a way to express yourself. But anyway, being playful is essential.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I tease and play but wouldn't do anything that would make him swing at me

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Hubby and I always play around. I'll go up behind him and pull his shorts down. Last night for example I was in the kitchen making something to eat for myself and I didn't even hear him get out of bed and he had snuck through the livingroom and scared the crap out of me and we just laughed about it. I think with us playing around with eachother it makes us closer. We also play fight all the time.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• DH and I always play. It's what keeps things REAL between us. We're both pranksters, and we love tormenting eachother... which yes, usually does lead to sex! ; )

However, DH wouldn't get angry over something like that unless it was in front of someone he wasn't familiar with... however, it's ok that he boob-flops me in front of my dad... or dry humps my leg, or does the "clapper" to my 16 yo brother and his friends. LOL, I don't mind it, but DH would never get honestly aggressive and swing at me.

Maybe he changed his mind and realized that you WERE playing, and now wants to make up for it by offering something he felt you could have been insenuating earlier?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:02 AM on Aug. 11, 2009