Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i leave without hurting her?

i currently live with my mom, and i'm 7 months pregnant. we live in a little 1br apt and barely have space for the 2 of us. let alone the baby. I have another place to go for me and the baby, but if i leave she won't be able to pay bills and be kicked out on the street. no one wants to help her because she is a mean person. but i couldn't live with myself if i left her and knew what was going to happen. i don't know what to do anymore. i'm just one person. pretty much going to be a single parent. someone please give me some advice on what i should do.

Answer Question

Asked by LukesMommii06 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • Sounds like you're wedged between a rock and a hard place. I would have a really tough time with this one too. Could you possibly afford a bigger apartment? Maybe you could help her get on her feet a little. You could say that you will stay for x amount of time and when that time is up, she'll have to make it on her own. Give her some time to prepare. It would be selfish of her to try to make you stay out of guilt.

    Answer by lowencope at 9:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • she's a mean person? what on earth does that mean? what's she doing?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Leave. Your only concern should be your baby. Your mom is a grown up and she should be able to take care of herself. If she can't, that's not your problem. We don't have kids so WE can be dependant on THEM. Goodluck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • you could move out and send her money to help her out with rent

    Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • rent a larger apt and take her with you if you want to help her

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • im so sorryr you are in that situation. but you need to think about what is best for baby
    give her notice and go do what you need to do.


    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • what about getting her some help from public assistance? I wouldnt do that (leave her knowing she'd be stranded) I'm a Christian and I believe I'll be Judged by the way I've treated others... so I set a high standard.. but thats just me

    Answer by MELRN at 9:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • i agree w/the others, on one hand your baby comes first but she is your mom. maybe you guys can get a bigger place together? if that is not an option, give her a time frame tell her when that time is up you will be leaving, and do what you can to help her get herself situated in the mean time.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 10:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • Well your mom needs to take care of herself and you need to take care of your child and you. So you need to put your child and you FIRST. I'm sure your mom will figure something out. You can't leave in a one bdrm apt with 3 people FOREVER.

    Tell your mom that you need to move into a bigger place, Can she afford moving into a bigger place with you and the baby? If not then she needs to find a smaller place or a one bedroom thats cheaper in rent. Your not responiable for you mom you need to worry about what's good for your child and you ONLY.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • I think you should tell her that while this was ok for two adult women, it's not going to work with the addition of a baby, so you're going to have to be moving out, but that you understand that this is going to leave her in a bind. Which is why you're giving her a month's notice so that she can start looking for a room mate to share another place with her, or for a room to rent. You can give her longer if you want, like, 2 months, or until the baby is born, or whatever, but don't let her bully you into changing your mind. If you want, you can also actively "help" by looking at want ads and personals for people looking for a room mate, looking online (there are sites that will match you up), or, if that work, for rooms to rent.

    If that living arrangement falls through because she's too unbearable for the room mates, then, frankly, that is her problem, not yours.

    But I wouldn't just move out without any warning.

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
playful or not?