Question?!

i'm 35 weeks 5 days and was checked by my doc who said im 2 cm, 50 percent and -1 station. This is my second baby and i was way over due with the last. Does this mean labor could come sooner this time or is it just false hope. I don't want to have to be induced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Were you possibly off with your dates on the last one? I healthy gestation is anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks, and occassionaly longer. As long as the baby looks alright and the placenta isn't deteriorating, you can go pretty long with no issues. All of my babies were a little late according to them, but I suppose my kids just like to hang out a little longer! ;) I wouldn't consent to an induction unless there was a SERIOUS problem.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 10:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• i wouldn't worry about induction at 35 weeks. my guess is that you will go into labor before 41 weeks, and there shouldn't be any reason to induce before then. actually my bet would be that you will go into labor within 2 weeks! but just a guess. ;) you could still have a few weeks left. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The more babies we have, the earlier (and bigger) we tend to get ready for delivery. If you and baby are healthy then there is no reason to worry about induction. You shouldn't need to go down that path!
    IF/when you get to 42 weeks or so you might start walking and having more sex... but it's still within a reasonable time for baby to gestate healthily! No worries!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Everyone is different. I was early and my little brother was 2 weeks over due. Just try to relax and not think of it. I know it's hard since I'm in the same bnoat and think about it every day, but it doesn't make a difference.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009