In need of advice and if anyone has gone through this

I have had some bad luck with my uterus. When I was 20 I had an tubal pregnancy that left me with needing surgery for scar adhesion's, cyst, and the tubal all on my left side. Well 11 yrs later with 1 functioning tube i was able to have 3 kids, sadly only 2 living. Now after my last daughter I am having issues galore. Yeah! I had PCOS and now insulin resistance that goes along with it. Well GYN wants to remove my left tube and ovary due to scar adhesion's and my bowel is attached. I don't want another surgery due to no down time and i will need a lot. I just want to know if I should do exploration surgery and see if they can remove it. Has anyone gone through similar issues?

ascmyworld

Asked by ascmyworld at 10:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I'd get all the pictures possible first cat scan pet scan mri and do laprascopy before exploratory. I had exploratory too after tons of gyn problems. The recovery wasn't bad. But I made sure it was necessary. Can you see a gyn specialist instead of general surgeron or ob?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Get another to look at things and get a laprascopy do more of your own research also. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I had exploratory lap in January. I was in such pain from PCOS that I felt better the moment I woke up. My OB only had to remove the FT, I was able to keep my ovary for now. I know wasn't as invasive as what you might need. A second opinion is always a good idea.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 10:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009