Does this not concern and scare you at all???

I posted the entire article with highlighted points and only got 1 REPLY!

The thing that concerns me most right now is the fact that HOSPITALS MAY FACE PENALTIES UNDER THE NEW HEALTH CARE for RE ADMITTANCE of Patients within 30 days.

So my question is am I understanding this correctly.. Hospitals that already release many TOO soon would be FURTHER Encouraged to keep people out?

How can we fight this ?
How can we get the medical care we need and deserve? .
Why do I feel prison inmates have more health care security than we do right now?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/9572478/SERIOUSLY_Please_read_in_entire_thing_sorry_so_long

Tygermommanikki

Asked by Tygermommanikki at 10:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope but people who only read what the media says and not the actual bills do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• yea...communism sucks @ss. we just have to vote against it and call/write our congress ppl and tell them why to vote against it.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Is it possible that you don't understand the difference between communism and socialism?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Wow, I wonder if that includes false labors...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I doubt that this is even true. There are so many scary lies going around about the bill. Where did you get this from?

PS The bill also does not require the elderly to be euthanized to cut costs, just in case you were wondering.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• "Bailey suggested that processes such as computerized order entry for drugs and use of electronic health records (EHR) could help ensure that patients get the correct dosage of medications in hospitals. Discharging patients too soon is a "huge waste of money," said Swanson.

"This happens a lot with elderly patients who are discharged prematurely because of insurance, bed unavailability or ageism," she said.

Many times, patients also don't follow instructions for care after discharge. "So complications arise and they are readmitted in a week," Swanson said.

PricewaterhouseCoopers estimates the cost of preventable hospital readmissions at $25 billion annually."

This recommendation is meant to ensure that people get the proper care during their stay, don't get discharged too early, and know how to care for themselves after the fact. Maybe you should read MORE THAN WHAT IS HIGHLIGHTED.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• How many times do I have to post these before some stuck on Obama libs take notice? This is Ezekeil emanuel Obamas health care advisor...

http://theamericannews.com/piis0140673609601379.pdf

http://theamericannews.com/where_civic_republicanism_and_deliberative_democracy_meet.pdf

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Please post a link to whatever your talking about, that cites the actual bill and text where this is written, I will be happy to comment after reading it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THEIR DISCHARGE INSTRUCTIONS AND ARE TAKEN CARE OF WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL THAT DEVELOP NEW OR MORE SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS AND THEN HAVE TO BE READMITTED!!!

WHO GETS TO DECIDE WHAT A PREVENTABLE READMISSION IS AND WHO ARE THEY RESPONSIBLE TOO? I JUST SEE THIS AS A FURTHER EXCUSE TO DENY CARE TO THOSE THEY DEEM TOO EXPENSIVE!
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 10:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Apparently it's the health secretary that gets to decide -

or the bill in section 1819a says the secretary has to come up with the hospice plan for what's acceptable and unacceptable hospice care by July 1 2011. Basically all the power is given to the secretary when the bill is passed, and the bill doesn't give limitation of power on what he or she can or can't decide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2009