Is it possible to bring a spark back to a relationship?

Lately my boyfriend (the father of my baby) and I have been having a really rough patch. I don't think he feels the same way I do but I couldn't keep it in anymore and finally just broke down a few nights ago and spilled all. I don't feel like I used to. Our relationship is not exciting and I don't know how to fix it. I'm bored. I love him but sometimes I feel like I have 2 children. Has anyone else been through this and how did you fix it? Counseling? A vacation? (which is pretty much out of the question for us but still...)

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, you can if you want to continue to be in the relationship. I mean if you love him then you should try. Feeling in love comes and goes. Sometimes you get stuck in that day to day rut and it can really suck. Initiate some romance with him. Ask him to go out to dinner if you can. Or stay in and rent a movie and make dinner together. If you initiate it and he responds well then it is well worth sticking it out. If he doesn't want to be bothered then maybe there is something else going on. Then maybe you could consider counseling before you split. Either way, GOOD LUCK. Relationships can be hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• tell him to fix it. That's what I do. men love fixing things. SO is a control freak so I tell him with control comes responsibility and I tell him it's his job to fix it when it gets screwed up.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Wow...

So I'd really like to take the opportunity to say that the best $15 you could ever invest in your entire LIFE (and your relationship with your boyfriend too) lies between the cover of a book called the Love Dare.

It did amazing things to my already great relationship with my DH, and because of it, I know that the love we have for eachother is REAL and PERFECT. I followed the direction of the book for the 40 days, and went on to do it almost half way again a 2nd time around, I enjoyed it so much. The book teaches you how to love unconditionally and to compromise. You'll enjoy it, and it's easy/light reading too. There's 2 or 3 pages to read a day, then a "Dare" that you perform. It gets your gears turning, and the principles can be applied almost directly to every thing you do with your life.

If you're really ready to turn it around, take the dare! I'm live, walking proof, it works!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2009