confused someone please tell me what u think!

I'm 31 weeks pregnant..I see 2 dr's because I have a 2 vessel cord I also have had extremely low iron the whole pregnacy.So one of my dr's gave me iron pills to take and told me to eat foods wit iron...now the other dr tells me not to take the iron pills and dont eat to much foods wit iron that its bad for me...They got me all confused and worried I have an appt on wednesday Im gonna talk to my dr about how I feel...I want to stop going to the specialist and just go to my ob. the baby is doing great so I feel i dont need to see the specialist anymore he confuses me too much..

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So what is your question? No just wait till wednesday and see what your doctor (that you like) has to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• ohhhh mommy. have you asked your pharmacist? ask someone to advocate for you and make your calls to get this figured out for at least a little bit less stress for you. Prayers and Blessings to you!
    Anonymous

• Okay firstly, you are going to the specialist for his expertise and the baby is doing great because of his guidance. So even with a clash of personality, if your dr wants you to continue to see him, keep going. Your baby is trusting you.
    Secondly, pick whichever dr you MOST trust and go with their recommendations. Your intuition will tell you which one knows his stuff and which one doesn't
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

You totally contradicted yourself...lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My question is, why would the doctor tell you taking your iron pills and eating foods with iron is bad for you? Because iron makes you constipated? Thats the only thing I can think of & that can easily be taken care of with colace (sp?) and fiber rich foods.
    Because of your condition, I'd switch to a different specialist instead of not seeing one at all. I've switched doctors 3 times already because I didn't have trust for the other 2. Just because your baby is doing great now, doesn't mean it will be doing great a couple weeks down the road. I pray that you have a healthy baby, of course, but I don't think you should stop seeing a specialist.
    Talk to your doctor wednesday & express any concerns you may have then.
    Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2009