How soon

okay my husband is leaving for basic on monday and i am past my due date i go to the hospital wensday. do you know if they can induce me that day if i let them know he i leaving and i want him to be there? please let me know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, if you are past your due date already they will def. do that for you.
    javila

Answer by javila at 10:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Depends on the hospital and how far past your due date you are, you aren't technically considered over due until 42 weeks, some hospitals won't even consider induction before 41 weeks. Maybe you should call your OB and ask them. They would probably know how the hospital works.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Honestly if I were him I would try to delay going to basic training for two or three weeks.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Its really up to your doc but typically inductions are pre-scheduled and dont just happen without any notice (unless something is medically wrong) I would try to call your doc tomorrow and ask if that is a possibility. But if your body isnt ready for labor (if your cervix is favorable and if the baby isnt low enuf) then it doesnt matter how late you are, you probably wont be induced
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Because it's adding unnecessary risk to the baby, it's not usually preferable, but many OBs are okay with it, anyhow.
    If you first try walking and sex you might get there, anyway, more safely. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2009