Did you ever think wife swap could make a kid appreciate her religion?

We watched a show called wifeswap today on lifetime. I don't watch this show but it happen to be on today. On the first show the mom was a green witch, the next show there was a mennonite family in which the girls were not allowed to wear to pants.

My daughter laughed during the fist show and left the room, half way through the second one she told me she was glad to be Catholic. Who had thought a little reality TV for a few hours could make a kid appreciate their faith a little more.

sorry about the first post. I see the spelling police are out today. Spellcheck doesn't work on the original questions. Please do forgive me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I guess it could. It also could make a kid appreciate the life they have, in general.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We watch wife swap, and it makes my kids thankful that they come from a somewhat normal, balanced family. Some of those people on that show are either just faking for the money, or they have really messed up priorities. I very much dislike the ones though where the new wife wants the family to go against their religious beliefs and do something they shouldn't, and I'm glad to see that most of those families really do stand up for their beliefs.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Yeah after watching that show I am sure happy I am a Pagan...

Have you seen the Heavy set crazy "Christian" lady?....But I guess I know ALLOT of those types in reality...Lucky to know a Few that are not as well...but sadly not many.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• How do they find some of these families?

Especially the ones who "don't watch TV"!!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Have you seen the Heavy set crazy "Christian" lady?....But I guess I know ALLOT of those types in reality...Lucky to know a Few that are not as well...but sadly not many
    ____

The two shows today had a weird pagan and an over zealous Christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The green witch who saves rabbit poo is a little off her rocker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I dislike the show.. I believe it is overly dramatized to make it more appealing to the audiences. I have seen it and just am turned off by it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I like the show, we all need some brain rot time. If your an advid watcher you know the "crazy" christian lady changed herself and came back on again. I have to hand it to her as crazy as she was she stood up for herself. I do not know how well I would handle myself if someone insists I have to practice another religion. I agree teh bunny poo saving lady is crazy.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think it shows too much extremism. Normal, balanced people do not act like that regardless of their quirks and beliefs. They seem to find the MOST extreme people in each category, whether it be vegan, pagan, christian, nudist, workaholic, ect....I dont believe extremism in ANY lifestyle is normal and healthy. I saw one the other day where the woman went into the clean freaks home and she was a freak about eating natural food and never washed her hands. She wanted her kids to be around germs so they wouldnt be sick. He MADE her shave her pits because they were going to a party....LOL. It was very funny.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Heck that show has made me appreciate my Hubby more... he's pretty normal in comparison!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009