im a single mom who never really gets time for herself, what can i do to keep from going crazy?

Understand, I cant afford a babysitter, i dont live near family, and my son is two years old.

changingrain

Asked by changingrain at 11:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take a nice hot bath. Give yourself a pedicure. These are things I do when my kids are sleeping to get a little peace. Maybe try to get involved in some mom/baby groups in your area. If you hit it off with another mom/baby couple...maybe in time (like...months or even years), you would feel comfortable leaving your child with them for a few hours ?? Just an idea. I don't really think I could do it...but everyone is not me.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• hobbies, lots of hobbies. I have a 2 yr old boy too, and he's constantly behind me, talking, babbling, being repetitive. I'm starting making crafts and things. I also starting teaching him to count, and he can identify his name but not the letters in it beyond the first three. Also doing just weird stuff. Turning on music and dancing around with underwear on our heads, blowing 3billion bubbles, and finger painting outside. I take a lot of pictures, I can't afford to do a lot of stuff either, but I have my camera, and a creative mind. Sometimes that works. Other times, there's cookies, 3-5 minute reprieve but it works.
    reecenkaden

Answer by reecenkaden at 12:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• as soon as my son is asleep... if its needed, i do body maintenance, you know, pluck the eyebrows, wax things, manicure, pedicure, facial, nothing expensive or fancy... just anything to pamper yourself... i am a huge scrapbooker, and that helps ease tension...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Once or twice a month, get a babysitter and go out. Do whatever you want. I started to after my divorce, and it helps! When my son is really fussy or having a not so good day, I can just close my eyes and count how many days till the next night out. It works
    blondy2k5

Answer by blondy2k5 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009