I want another baby but my DH says he's done

I have two beautiful children ages 5yrs & 3yrs and I'm itching to have just one more. My DH has always said he only wants two and is happy with our family unit as it is. I really want at least one more within the next year or two. I really wish he would change his mind. If he never does, I would have to accept that b/c I don't want to have another one if he does not support the idea. I just wish he would just consider it and possibly want one too. Have any of you been in this situation before? And if yes, has your DH ever changed his mind and become very welcoming of the idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband never wanted any. We have three I wanted three. I would have, for more harmony, made him to more care early on. How involved is your husband in childcare? How secure really secure is his job? What cash savings do you have? Men worry worry alot about things like those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I had one from a previous marriage. My new DH didn't want any more children. The one I had was enough. I got prego on the pill many years later. He said no more. When that child was about 2, DH said, okay...maybe one more. I'm currently pregnant w/#5 and now it's ME saying no more (and changing my mind lol). What I'm trying to get at here is that right NOW he wants no more. Give it time...he could change his mind.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Ha Ha Jen...
    You breeding Machine (J/K)

LOL I havent been in your shoes PERSONALLY...But I know a few guys who have changed their minds...

Just leave little hints, Or when your out faun over cute baby gear! Maybe even talk about a certain Gender (Like if he is a sports guy talk about you "wanted" child, and how it would be fun to have 3 kids for playing sports in the yard....or if he likes to have that Daddies little girl feeling...remind him of it!)
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 11:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Sounds like we are in the same boat. I want one more too. DH says he's done and up until recently I thought I wanted to be done too. Lately though it seems all our friends have babies and I am getting that itch, ya know? Like one more wouldn't be so bad. Okay, I'd love to have another. Our boys love our friends babies too. (our oldest is 11 and our youngest is 7.) I know, huge gap if we had another but not unusual. And I swear I can hear my clock a tickin' all the time these days. LOL Anyway... Let's cross our fingers, shall we!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• LOL my first was easy. This one I'm having such a miserable pregnancy. He used to want like 10 kids. I said that was fine, but I wanted to wait another 5 yrs until we had a bigger place and were more stable and had a chance to vacation and enjoy our girls. He was dead set on not waiting. Well, about a week ago he said he doesn't want anymore. 9 months of hell for me and I obviously haven't been too nice to him. Sorry dude, but if I have to go through it, so does he right! I don't care how many we have, but I just think it's funny he did such a 180 over it.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009