I am 35 weeks pregnant and want to change my doctor because i don't like the hospital he works out of. What should I do?

latinamom94

Asked by latinamom94 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just change the doctor...what else is there to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Use a different doc...or midwife. Don't put it off, start calling tomorrow.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• What is it about the hospital? Maybe your doc has privileges elsewhere. Is there any particular reason you started with him/her?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Do you think i should do that to my doctor, he's not a bad doc i just really don't like the hospital at all. I asked him if he can work out of another hospital but he can't he says.
    latinamom94

Answer by latinamom94 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Change your dr. You should have a few weeks to get to know the new dr. You should not be uncomfortable when giving birth- ask around and see who is recommended.
    If you like your dr. and just not the hospital- maybe talk to him/her and see who othey recommend or what he can do to help with your situtation.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You might have trouble changing doctors. I moved from Orlando to Miami when I was 12 weeks pregnant and I was due to see the doctor again when i was 14 weeks. Most of the doctors I called didnt want to see me b/c i had aready been seeing another doctor and was past my first trimester.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 2:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• if you want a dr, you can see if one will take you. just find one that you'll be comfortable w/.
    or look into a midwife. they'll take a low risk pregnancy usually at any point during pregnancy. also, that way you can either be at home, in a birthing center, or at a hospital when your baby is born.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2009