what do you think about the healthcare deal going on right now?

please do not be rude i just like to see opinions

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 11:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have Government Health Care--Medicare and Tricare for Life and they are both excellent! From what they say, your health care will remain the same but people without any health insurance will have some kind of Government Insurance. Since I already have Government Health Care, I would say it would be a good thing for those without any insurance. I absolutelty cringe and get upset at all the rumors and lies that are being spread here at Cafe Mom. Fortunately, the rest of the country (other than the crazy people screaming at the the Town Meetings ) Is ready for something good in the Health Bill.And most don't buy all the lies. ;-)
    YOu ASKED, so that's my answer.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Linda you are retired, correct? What field did you work in while you were working, did you have health insurance through your employer?
    I am AGAINST Government Insurance. I find it odd that people expect the gov't to ensure their insurance. When my hubby lost his job we purchased COBRA, we did not expect a hand out for insurance. The gov't didn't knock me up with my kid nor do I expect the gov't to give me and my family insurance.
    You ASKED now that's MY opinion!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I am retired but when I was working, my employer offered insurance . When We were in the Air Force, ( we were an Air Force family for 21 years )we all had medical care. It was Government health care. LOL. It was fine. It cost about $14.00 when I had my first chld-three days in the hospital. My second was born in a civilian hospital because my DH was in SE Asia. It cost $250.00. My third, born in an Air Force hospital in Germany,cost about $18.00. How can you fault that? It was great!
    You know, any health care is better than NONE. There are to many uninsured. If you do not have good health, you have nothing.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Oh, by the way, health care that we could enrol in when I was working (at a Bank) was quite expensive and wasn't any better than the care we received while an Air Force Family.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think that people should actually read the entire thing before accusing people of lying and spreading rumors. I have read it and it is very controlling and very scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think it is shallow and pedantic lol sorry watched too much family guy last night!
    ______________________________________
    But no seriously It is letting the Government interfere way too much with our personal health. I don't think anyone but my doctor and I should be discussing any treatments I am going to do. Does private health insurance reject care?? yes.. but not as often as it would If I was on Obama's plan. I was able to pick the care I saw fit and have not yet been denied anything. But I know (from reading the bill 3 times!) On Obama's plan I would have been denied a lot of treatments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't think anything currently proposed goes far enough. There should be no option but the public option. I believe that I'd much rather have the government deciding what care I can and cannot receive than the insurance companies whose bottom line is the final decision maker. SOCIALIZE THE WHOLE DAMN THING!
    bakebiscotti

Answer by bakebiscotti at 10:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2009