does bad spelling take away from your faith?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• UH, OH- WHAT HAPPENED?
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Not knowing the situation, I would say this... I'm a firmly founded Christian - I'm covered in the blood and standing on the Word!

With that being said - if someone was trying to sway me to their way of thinking and used excessively poor spelling or grammar - I'd be turned off.

Is my spelling and grammar perfect? No way and I don't expect it from anyone else but there's a vast expanse between perfection and just insane negligence.

I hope I explained that clearly - lol - I'm not a snob at all - I'm just turned off by excessive spelling errors - the ones where it's hard to even figure out what's being said.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 11:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Excuse me but.... "I'm covered in the blood" ? What does that mean? It sounds awfully gorey , like a horror film or something./ Please do not tell me that being a Christian is that full of yukky phrases? In all the years I went to church,. nobody ever said they were "covered in the blood". Yikes....its enough to make me an atheist. Not quite, but I though being a Christian was joyful. Oh well......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• huh .. what is this question all about?

No Anon its not gorey at all. It is not meaning in the literal sense but symbolic. If you want to know more do some research on it on google. The term actually derives from when the jewish people applied blood on the door posts during the passing over of the Angel of Death in the OT. The blood of Jesus is now our covering and protects the believers from the evil one.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Anon 8:56: "Yikes....its enough to make me an atheist. Not quite, but I though being a Christian was joyful. Oh well...... "

Why do a lot of the atheist, and basically any non believer act as if they freak out the Christians by acting as if we said something wrong that we actually turned an atheist away from believing?LOLOLOLOL!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yikes....its enough to make me an atheist.

Really? One statement like that can make you an atheist? Must not be too sure of yourself if one statement on the internet can even make you than you should be atheist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• LOLOLOLOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Bad spelling distracts me from my prayers... Hang on God, I have to correct the grammer!!!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Im with AAAmama for sure. She articulated it exactly like I feel. So anon, you've been in church THAT long and never heard the term "covered in the Blood"? That seems odd. It simply means that Christ's sacrifice is sufficient for even my biggest blunders, typos and all. Its merely symbolic.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Correct the grammar while you're at it. Bad spelling doesn't take away from your faith. It keeps you from sharing it with others. What is your goal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2009