Can you confuse a contraction with movement?

I'm 38 weeks and in PAAIINN. I honestly cant tell if its a contration or movement- its VERY low down (he dropped) the top of my tummy is hard, but Im an over weight woman and I cant feel much hardness down below, all I know is I have pain, and MOST if not all of it is far down on the bump.
the pain is constant, but gets worse, than better. But VERY much constant. I woke up to this pain, its been going on for 20 or so mins-
Yesterday I was 4cm 75% and -1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cant hurt to go to L&D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I am guessing it might be contractions. I was having contractions and didn't even realize it until they hooked me up to the monitors to start my induction. If you were already at 4cm yesterday, then I would call Labor and Delivery and tell them what you are feeling...see if they want you to come in. Better to be over cautious than rushing to the hospital the last minute. Good luck and hope all goes well!
    mommytohuddy

Answer by mommytohuddy at 11:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Some things will trigger contractions like needing to pee, sex, baby's movement, nursing...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009