omg...people left. no bashing~

tonight SO and i went to dinner with our son, who was acting so completely unbearable. he is 2, so i guess it should be expected...but never this off the wall. he kept trying to climb out of the highchair and then when i would hold him or put him in the seat next to me, he would cry like a wild banchy! and i do believe in spanking my child, just for the record. and i do not beat him, never would, but yes, i will give him a 2-3 swift taps on his bottom when i have repeatedly told him NO and he doesnt listen. so yeah, dad got up, walked away from the table and spanked him. the people sitting next to us started making faces "oh my god-ed" eachother and then really left the restaurant. i was so mad, i actually yelled at them "if you dont like it, then dont look!" i couldnt help myself.

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• good for you! Proverbs chapters 1-4
    liberals would love to call spanking child abuse and euthanize the parents rights!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• what is your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Are you venting or do you wan to know people's take on this? I have a sixteen month old and three year old. I've been pretty lucky with them, but then, I don't take them to places that aren't kid friendly. I think if they're acting up, a parent should take them out of the restaurant and calm them down. The last time my daughter acted up, I took her outside, had a quiet moment, talked about the cars in the parking lot or a tree we saw or something, then gently explained that we have to respect the other people in the restaurant. She calmed down after a quiet moment. If they can't calm down, get the food to go and leave. I don't object to taps on the butt, but if the child is tired or fried, it's a bad time to try and instill lessons in them. They need to be comforted and taken out of the situation. It sounds like a frazzling experience and we've all been there.
    Pumamama

Answer by Pumamama at 12:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Sorry u don't have to spank your kids and I would have done the same thing those people did! i have a 2 yr old also and do not spank her . Why would u want to physically hurt your child to teach them a lesson. Stupid and lazy. That is the easy way out . It takes time to put them in time out or something like that. Then u say if u don't like it don't look......??? Should have done in the rest room or out side. U dont do that in a public place like that any way. Poor baby...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Doesn't spanking just make them cry even more? and to do it in public is a little unnecessary. I am not bashing just giving my opinion, I believe u have to do what is right by u(within reason). However, I personally would feel a lil sick if I saw what u described while sitting in a restaurant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• just wanted to hear other peoples' opinions. some people must not understand NO BASHING, but anyway. i personally would have taken him to the restroom, but i was not the spanker, his dad was this time. either way, i just wanted to vent and get other peoples' opinions, like i said before. and there is nothing "poor baby" about it. my son is loved 24/7 by both his father and me and we were at don pablos- a restaurant with a kids menu, so obviously, kid friendly...but i dont care if im at chuck e. cheese, i expect my child to follow the same rules he would at our own dinner table.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• 2motherhelpers why are u always making jabs at liberal? U know that is almost racist? Liberal's spank also. Just because you do doesn't make it right though.

Liberals: favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

Does that fit in with what you have been preaching?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2009