is it illegal

to video cam your children if they are not aware? i heard this and i thought it was kind of strange and just wondered. this is manly for in wa but if u know if it is illegal in other states im fine to hear that too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it would depend. Whats the purpose? How old are the children? I have no idea if it's illiegal but Under certain conditions, I dont see why it would or should be.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I agree with the PP. If its like a your sneaking up on someone with a camera and surprise them or something I see nothing wrong with it. I video tape my kids. My son is just now old enough to understand he is being videotaped. Does that mean its illegal to videotape him until he is at his age? If your doing it for sexual reasons (which some parents are sick enough to do) then yes it is and should be illegal
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• as long as they are not naked and you are not filming something naughty that can be perceived as child porn

Answer by admckenzie at 12:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2009