im a sahm married mom in a condo complex. would it be not right.. i had a play date at his housewith sahd that lives here also..our toddlers are the same age.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I think thats between you and your husband. I'd see nothing wrong with it, but im not married to you. :)
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't think it is a big deal, but your dh and the other guys wife might. They should also have a say in it. Meaning if either one are uncomfortable about it then you shouldn't do it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• was the play date for you and him or the kids?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I would have a get together with your DH and his DW first, get to know each other that way and then see how you DH feels about it. Or maybe one of you take the kids alone for a while?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• bad idea you are opening the door to a mistake!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• flee temptation!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my husbands best friend is a sahd...our son is 4 and his son is about to turn 3
    yet my husband does not support a play date type of thing. heck he won't even bring our son to his friends house when he goes over there for a few hours a week.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I agree that you should mention it to your hubby, but really there seem to be a lot of people who think that a man and a woman can't spend time together without it ending with them sleeping together. I absolutely would trust my hubby in that situation and he trusts me. I spent an entire weekend with some male friends of ours, that's right me and three guys, no hubby, no wives and somehow it didn't end up as an orgy. Could it be because we are all friends and only friends?!? As long as neither of you are hiding the playdates from your spouses, I see no problem. It's not about the adults, it's about the kids getting some time with other kids their own age.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The fact that you are questioning it says you are uncomfortable with it so I probably wouldn't do it. Doesn't mean anything would happen if you did but you would most likely be over there the entire time feeling a bit akward and who needs that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• op here=exactly what anon12;58 said. i would feel akward and who needs that.. my dh already made comments bc we had been talking out side and joking a few times.. i think hey if we see one another at the pool or outside well great.. but i luv my dh and his jokes already tell tell me if i made to personal of friends else where. he would be hurt... thnks for the replies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009