Dogs dying after a person dying?

My friend's dad died and the next day her dog died.
My friend's friend died and her friends dog died the next day.
My friend's friend died she ran over a dog the next night.

Does anyone know anything about this?? LIke what it could mean. I don't think its a coincidence. All this has happened within the past like three months.

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Try this for sad and strange. My mom was never truly happy with my dad. Althught they were married 44 years and had 5 children. I was the youngest and all I heard was years of her complaining about him. She once said that her birthday wish was to be "alone" as she put it. Well several years later in 2000 my dad passed away on August 6th and his viewing and rosary was on the 9th....my moms birthday. In fact yesterday was the 9th anniversary off this sad event. To top it off after we got home from my dads viewing I kept hearing my moms cat meaowing and groanong but I was too distraught and emotionally drained to get up and check on him. As my brother arrived to pick us up to go to dads funeral, there was our cat, dead under my car.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• sorry for the type-o's I was typing too fast.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• UGh that is so weird. I don't think thats just a coincidence.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• companion dogs (not service dogs, like for the blind, but dogs that have always been together) sometimes do the same thing.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My 10 year old son said something profound a few weeks ago. We were talking about the ages of family members and then he moved onto our pets. He asked about our Benny (terrier mix) that has been my son's sidekick since he was 2. They do everything together, if my son goes to bed then Benny goes to bed, when my son showers Benny sits outside the bathroom door waiting for him. If I play wrestle with my son Benny will never allow me to "WIN", lol. He asked about dog years and how old will he live to be and I told him he probably only has a few years left. DS said "When Benny dies mom, I will never be the same kid again, I think a part of my heart will die with him". I thought to myself, animals love us just as much and sometimes we don't realize it.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Dogs are emotionally devoted animals to their masters.  They do miss their masters when they die and have been know to just "give up" when they lose a beloved master.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Those are some very touching stories...I believe that maybe God sends us what we need when we need it. My ten year old son has ADHD and Asperger's. One of his issues is loud noises. It drives him crazy. Well, we got him a sweet little Black/white Chihuahua after i had searched the internet for months to find one.
    This little guy is perfect for my son..he has only barked 3 times EVER and everyone knows how chihuahuas love to bark. He is so calm and like a ragdoll around my son, but put him down and he is as frisky as any I've ever seen. Dogs are special and I believe that some that have been with one owner for years and years..develop such a bond with the owner that maybe they just die of a broken heart. Or, maybe when God calls one of his Children home, he calls that person's beloved pet home too. ..
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Animals...all of them are smarter and more "human" than anyone wants to believe.There are too many stories of animals stepping in and caring for people to think it is coincidence.The only thing that bothers me is I think one day the human race will pay for our disregard of the animal kingdom.I have personally witnessed animals doing things that most people think is only the domain of the human race.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2009