is this illegal

so cokes and pop has been mysteriously dissapearing from the refigerator and none of our children will admit so we were thinking of setting up a video cam. is it legal(13 yr olds and up).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• are you being serious?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Why would it be illegal?
    But I don't understand what the big deal is about it. I think you and your hub are too worried about sodas. Either put them in your room or stop buying them if you don't want the kids to drink them.
    And why would you fork out a bunch of money to find the culprit? It will hardly be worth the money you are spending, to save a few bucks on cokes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Not in your own home or your property.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Over cokes and pop? Why don't you just set up a mini fridge and lock it up if you're that worried about your supply of cokes and pop? Or better yet, quit buying it altogether, your family would be healthier as a result. Now, if it was beer and alcoholic drinks, that'd be a different story (although, I think it's stupid to keep alcohol in the house with teenagers.) I don't know if I'd consider that stealing. Kids go at a length to get their favorite treats, and at that age, it's usually soda pop.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I doubt it's illegal, but I guess the real question is, isn't that a severe reaction over soda? Why not just buy them a small amount, and let them know when it's gone, it's gone? Maybe a two liter a week? If you make something taboo, you are setting yourself up to make that item the most desired.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Just stop buying cokes and pop!! Save the video cam. for real problems!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ground everyone. I bet you money they find out who really did it for you and it'll save you money on a video camera. And just for everyone else reading this it's not the cokes and pops that are a problem it's the fact that the children are taking things without asking. My dad used to get pissed at us too. Seriously they're all in trouble until you find out who did it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• This is odd ... you bought them to be drank right? Why should anyone have to ask to get a drink our of their own fridge? If you are worried about the amount they are drinking make it clear to the house how much you are willing to buy and that when its gone, its gone until the next scheduled grocery shopping day.
    MysticFerret

Answer by MysticFerret at 4:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• lol. It wouldn't stand up in court but I think your fine to set it up for personal gain.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• hahaha....ok then..ummm....I agree with whoever said just quit buying pop. Its bad for you anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009