How long do post pregnancy things last?

I am 3 months post partum. I know it's normal for your hair to fall out after birth for a while but how much is too much and how long does it last? Every time I comb my hair after the shower or I run my fingers through my hair it looks like I just cleaned a brush out after months of use! Also, is there a way to speed up the disapperance of the "pregnancy line" from your navel down? When can I expect it to go away?
Thanks!

ANGIE613

Asked by ANGIE613 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• THE HAIR LOSS IS USUALLY A SIGN THAT DURING PREGNANCY YOU LOST SOME VITAMINS AND POST DELIVERY YOUR BODY HAS NOT GAINED IT BACK. IT COULD ALSO BE POOR NUTRITION OR DIET. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR AND SEE IF YOU NEED A SUPPLEMENT FOR AWHILE OR LABS TO SHOW IF YOU ARE ANEMIC.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I read that since during pregnancy you don't lose any hair your body is just making up for it. I think it is something every new mother experiences! DS is 7 months and it has gotten a lot better for me.

And my dark tummy line is gone now if that helps at all...I have no idea when it went away though!
    mimiw

Answer by mimiw at 9:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009