Lauging & Labor?? Probably a stupid question...

I was just surfing funny videos on YouTube to pass time since I can't sleep when I came across a really funny video. I laughed so hard that I peed twice and I could barely catch my breath. When the laughing finally started to ease up I noticed I was having this tightening feeling in my stomach. It was kind of sharp and really tight, then just went away. I thought it was strange but then about 30 minutes later it happened again when I was watching another funny video, only this time I wasn't laughing barely at all just a giggle. I am only 28 weeks but am home due to the possibility of early labor. Is it possible for heavy laughing like that to send me into labor???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It was actually on my list for some Home Remedy Induction methods when I had a a complication with my 1st baby.
    It releases a hormone that is involved with contracting. :-) It won't start your labor unless you're already tipping the bucket that direction, anyway.
    If baby were engaged & pressing the cervix, you were dilated & effaced, and all, it could help! Like female orgasm and nursing, but not as strong.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• could of just been BH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It sounds like your abdominal muscles were tightening up a bit, and it can sometimes cause a little uterine contraction. Laughter is great though, I wouldn't worry unless it's really painful.
    But, funny story. My mama and her sister were hanging out joking and laughing when she was pregnant, just cracking up, when she stood up and her water broke and it was time for me. She was at term though and she was about to pop anyways. ;)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 1:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my nurse told me laughing can help while pushing but it was just bh just relax and lay on your left side
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 1:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Labor contractions aren't really a sharp pain. They feel more like mentrual cramps. Sounds like you pulled a muscle in your stomach which happens easily during pregnancy since everything is already so stretched out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• That happens to me all the time, when I laugh, cough, or sneeze I get a contraction. Unless they are coming closer together and at regular intervals you have nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2009