What should i do

I am stuck in a loveless marriage. My mother hates me and so does my father. I am a stay at home mom with no money. My family keeps telling me I am crazy and that is why my marriage is so horrible so I keep going in to my psychiatrist and asking for more meds. Between him and my therapist they have done everything they can do they say I have done everything I can do and that the issues lies with an extreme lack of support at home. Today my husband told me he wanted to marry someone else but he wont file for divorce. I've been contemplating suicide he has even handed me the pills I couldnt do it but none the less I feel backed in to a corner. No one has any answers I feel hopelessly alone and I love my son too much to do this to him but I feel like it is my only option. I just learned my best friend was talking shit about me behind my back to my husband. I have no one I can trust and nowhere to turn. What do i do?

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 1:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• OK.....putting aside everything else you wrote about: HE HANDED YOU THE PILLS??????? I'm no lawyer but I am pretty sure that is attempted murder. He is emotionally using and abusing you. You have options and suicide is NOT one of them! I don't know you or your whole situation but if I was you---I would grab my son and run to the closest shelter as fast as I could and get some help!!! You are a woman and a mom--you can be strong and get to a much better place in life!!! Don't give up!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• LEAVE! YOU FILE THE DIVORCE AND GO! it is obvious they don't' give even one crap about you. No matter what YOU deserve better!!
    If you have nowhere else, go to a women's shelter because giving you the means to commit suicide is abuse!
    Don't kill yourself because of their worthless hides! Your son will be better with you than those POS who don't value you life.
    Take you son and break all ties. They don't deserve you in their lives.
    You are much better and stronger than them so prove it.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 1:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• PRAY...in a private place out loud...Find a supportive church. leave and surround yourself and your kids with good people.
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 1:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i have felt like this.. and u know what you should do... you should go file for divorce and childsupport, and get all the PA you need to get on ur feet and then you come back in a few months in court and look him in the eye and say you know what I AM BETTER NOW THEN I EVER WAS WITH U.. sometimes, even when you have issues they make it worse they really do.. u need to live for u and no one else dont give up on live cause of a man
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Head to a women's shelter THIS SECOND. They'll set you up with everything you need including a divorce.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Grab your son, some clothes and get the hell out of there...........if you don't have a shelter near-by, head to the police station. He handed you the pills to kill yourself. I would report that!!! They can also get you to someone who can help you. You and your son deserve SO much better!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I would go to a shelter. staying were you are now is just going to make you more depressed, don't even bother talking to your best friend she is not worth getting upset over, just cut all ties with her. You are not alone you have God, pray to him and he will help, talk to him as if you were talking to us, find a church and surround yourself with people that care. There is help out there, don't kill yourself you baby needs you, just remember you are a strong momma and don't let anybody out there tell you other wise. The best of luck to you and God Bless, I will keep you in my prayers

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Do ya'll really think they'd do anything because he handed her the pills? Most people that talk about suicide don't do it, they're crying out for help. I've told one of my friends that I'm sick of her talking about doing it. That might sound cold but it's not meant that way. It's me that lays in bed when she talks about it and can't sleep, that feels the need to go check on her, to call her, that's worried. And she's out partying
    Ma'am... you're stronger than you give yourself credit for. You can do this with or without him. I'd stand up for yourself and get yourself in order BEFORE you leave this marriage so it doesn't look like you're some looney person and he gets custody of your child.
    I don't think you're the problem.. I think he is. People who surround themselves with toxic people, shouldn't be surprised when they're emotionally poisoned.
    Be strong Mama, turn the tables on him and be more than he thinks you a
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2009