DD is asking for Food but, then she won't eat it..Plz help..

My 18month old Daughter, says "food eat" so to me that means that shes hungry & she wants food. So i fix her a plate & she doesn't wan it. Some times i ignore her but, she crys & points to the kitchen.. I don't know what to do. She usually asks for the Food when she wakes up or when she has just finish playing. I would think she'll be hungry but, she refuses to eat. Has any one had this same problem or similar? What can i do to fix it & get her to eat? Im sure she knows what shes asking for when she says Food,Eat... so i don't think thats a problem.

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 1:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's not hungry she doesn't want to go to sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Maybe she is hungry but doesn't want what you have made for her. Try getting her to tell you what she wants, ask her for example, do you want a sandwich, or mac and cheese. Depending on what she requests let her help make it. At that age they tend to be a bit picky about what they eat
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My daughter will have me fix her somehting that she asked for and I know she likes, then take a bit and say "I don't like it" and refuse to eat anything. I think it's partially a control thing. I"m to the point where I won't fix her anything just because she asks. If it's snack time, she'll get what i give her. If she doesn't like it, she has one other option. If she doesn't want it either, she gets nothing. It's frustrating when she'll eat a food one day but no the next then just give it to the dog.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2009