Just Wondering

Ok, so my DH and I watch his 9yr old DS play soccer every week. DH XW and her BF are the coaches. A couple of weeks ago at one of the games, her BF was not there to help her coach. She asked my DH to help her to which he replied, "no thanks, you'll do fine on your own". Nice, I secretly thought to myself. Flash forward to a week later. BF is at that game coaching with her, a couple days later, we find out they have both been broken up from one another for almost 2 weeks. Now, my question- do you think her asking my DH to help her, knowing she was already split from her BF, was tacky and rude to do, especially in front of me? Do you think she became selfishly needy of my DH, and was acting innapropriately? Do you think I should be cautious at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I think maybe she thought she couldn't handle nine year old boys by herself. Why would it be yours or your husbands business if she broke up with her boyfriend?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• if you needed to worry im sure you dh would have at least accepted the offer, but she was rejected, he doesnt care for her....a little paranoia?

If you are worried you can just talk to ur hubby tho...that should ease your mind
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• hell, have you ever coached soccer? she needs some help and since he IS the kid's dad he could have helped out.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• sarap get a hobby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yeah, I'd chalk it up to her not being confident of her abilities and looking for someone to help. So she asked someone she knew was a dad and someone she knew rather than a stranger.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think that he should have helped her. It is his sons team and if it had been any other person but his ex coaching he probably would have stepped in and helped. I think you and your DH were the rude and tacky ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• well I want to point out something...
    her question was not should he had helped
    and 2 he didnt volunteer to help, she's the coach if she cant handle it then dont do it

he probably just wants to enjoy the game and watch his kid play, not worry about everyone elses child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Let me point out that this has happened before with her after breaking up with a guy. She will gravitate toward my DH. He I'm not worried about. It's her that I question during these times. I understand they shared a history together, a long time ago. But, every time she gets deeply involved with somebody else, she really doesn't give my DH the time of day at all. Only when she's single again does she come a callin' or a buggin' and I don't think it's right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't know what her purpose of that was, but I will tell you one thing I never trust another women, the only women I trust are my mom and my sis
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You said the 3 of them were coaches... it shouldn't have even had to be asked if he'd help.
    Our teams have head coach and no less than 2 assistants and if one isn't there, then someone else stands in for them.
    I don't think anything was meant to be read in to it. If you were uncomfortable about the whole thing then he shouldn't be one of the coaches on the same team as her. But it's good that they're able to work together (and even throw in new partners in the mix) and still get along.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009