cps

I have this irrational fear that cps will come and take my son away, even though I'm not doing anything wrong... I overdo everything like cleaning and making sure the fridge is stocked and stuff because I'm always afraid 'what if'

I don't do drugs or anything, I'm just paranoid. Humor me, pretend they did come what would they do? I guess I'm just scared because I had such bad depression in my pregnancy that after he was born I had to be evualated by a psych before he was released to me. Please no bashing I know I have mental health issues

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• If an escaped toddler was grounds for having a child taken away, then my block would be practically childless (there are around 50 little kids on our block).

If CPS did pay you a visit, all they would do is make you take a parenting class. As a preventative measure, take a parenting class; this will let you know that you actually do know what you are doing.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Are you married?
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 2:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It sounds like you should maybe speak with a theripist. They can help you deal with your fears and help you understand why you feel the way you do. How old is your son?

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You sound like maybe a relative you should be trusting is not trustworthy. If you didn't get the support from close family during your pregnancy, then you are right to feel this way. But, the positive note is that you have to be doing illegal drugs and putting your baby in harms way before cps would ever take your child away. Take a deep breath and enjoy being a mom, you are doing a good job.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 2:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yeah I had a therapist but I didn't like her and I haven't tried to find another one. My psychiatrist is better even though she can't give me all the time a therapist can.

He's 15 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• He's escaped outside a couple times can they take him away for that? I feel so bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Thanks rkoloms I feel better :]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009