anyone want to tell me?

I feel like i have lost myself since I got married and had dd. I love her and i love my dh but, I feel like that is all i am...a wife and a mother...I just wanted to hear some personal stories to see if anyone is like me! thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• you need to do things for YOU. you're a mother AND a woman not a woman and then a mother!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I agree with PP. I am in the exact same postion as you and I am trying to figure out that to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You are now a mother, that is a big part of who you are now, be proud of it momma
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I am proud of it but, I just don't feel like I need to be completley defined by that but I also feel like i don't have time for anything else
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Do some volunteer work or get a part time job. We are not all cut out to be stay at home moms.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well, you dont have to be ONE thing or the other. You can easily have more than 1 or 2 roles. I do know what you feel for sure. When I was younger and only had my two girls at home, I felt like nothing but a wife and mother. I wasnt even sure I had my own name...LOL. As I have gotten older, I have more time to do things that I like to do and its helped breaked that monotony. You have to be willing to make the time for you. You have to get out and do things you like to do and it has to be without the hubby and the child. That way, you can be an individual again. This gets better as you get older. Also its not necessary that you define yourself. You know who you are and yes you have a job to do, but you should also have times when you are off and can safely be somewhere else too. Its just imperative that you do that. Many mothers actually abandon their families because no one gives them permission to get away. Just make time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Take some classes at the local college, even fitness or crafts classes, or something toward a degree- just one class a semester if you like. When I was a SAHM I also did a lot of volunteer work. I considered being a mom my full time job, but it was a relief to get out among adults. If you could get a few hours a week job that would be nice. I babysat a neighbor's child after school, and tutored another neighbor's child- things I could do in the house and could also keep an eye on my children.

Answer by Bmat at 9:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2009