I'm trying to lose the baby weight. Any advice?

newmomrocks

Asked by newmomrocks at 2:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i heard the slimfast diet and exercise really works! i'm going to start next week!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm in the same boat, lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I started doing Weight Watcher's a few weeks ago and I've lost about 6lb (I've cheated a little on my diet this past week, so I haven't lost or gained anything). I was losing like 2lb a week. I didn't actually join WW, though. My sister's friend did, then passed info to her, then from my sis to my mom and me. She (my sister) has been doing it for like 2 months or so and has lost 16lb. This has been the only thing that has ever worked for any of us, and it's so easy! There's a group on here called something like WW for Moms Who Can't Go to Meetings and it's great! Plus, their food (Smart Ones frozen foods) are excellent, and their desserts are amazing. You don't really have to give up anything, it just teaches you to eat right and pay attention to proportions and stuff.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had my daughter 2 1/2 months ago, and I've been walking every day for two months now. I started off with just about a mile a day, and now I'm up to 3 miles a day. Lost about 5lbs so far; I'm going to start running soon, and I'm hoping to lose about 25lbs more by my birthday in March (I was overweight to begin with).
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I subsitute one meal a day with a can of slimfast! And if you eat a healty breakfast and dinner (low carbs, lots of veggies) that should help loose some babyweight!
    Swimming is a great exercise, and it gives you some time by yourself! Crunches and sit-ups are great to get rid of the baby belly.
    If you wanna work out your butt you can do the "peeing dog" (that's how I call it lol), get on your hands and knees and lift your leg sideways 30 times both sides... it sound easy but trust me you will feel it in your butt!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My daughter is about 8 1/2 months old, and I weighed just as much last week as I did at my 6 week check-up.  So I can relate to your plight!  I have planned out a weight loss regime, and I officially began it last Monday.  So far, I have lost about 5 pounds!  I am documenting my progress (an setbacks) and methods (which are evolving as I find out what works and what does not) on my CafeMom journal.

A 3-7 day cleanse is always a good way to start any new health/weight loss regimen.

EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• do a whole body cleanse (not an organ cleanse such as liver or colon... a WHOLE BODY CLEANSE)
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 2:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• After I had my second baby, I decided to join Weight Watchers to help me lose the weight. There were a few people I knew that were having great success with it, so I felt safe joining. I joined three weeks after he was born, Within 4 months of his birth, I lost all of the baby weight gain plus additional weight. I returned to work after maternity leave and weighed less than I had in 10 years. So I'm a big advocate of Weight Watchers. You can eat what you want as long as you practice "portion control", which is the most important and neglected part of a healthy diet.

Supplement that with some exercise and you'll be fit in no time at all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009