Any one told boy but had girl

Just wondered because this is something that I keep hearing about...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES WHEN i WAS PREGNANY WITH MY ONLY DAUGHTER. I was around 14 to 16 weeks and had a US. We didn't want to know so when the dr looked we turned away, he wrote it in my chart. A few months later we moved to a new city and dr. My curiosity got the best of me and I was sad when I read his note in my chart. He had told us he was 98% sure he wrote the fetus is male and the testicles appear to be decended. My daughter was born May 7, 1989.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 4:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My cousin was told she was going to have a girl and her dr told her he was 100% sure it was a girl, guess what she had her second son. So she has only two boys, and wont be having more, her hubby is fixed now.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My girlfriend was told during 3 different ultrasounds by 3 different techs and one even circled the "boy" parts on the ultrasound picture and low and behold it was a girl!!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ive never had that happen to me....but then again i havent have this this one yet....so il get back to you....lol...but even now because ionly have 4 days left...every u/s ive been to for this pregnancy hs shown boy...at my 34 week one boy...so im pretty convinced
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes. I had a u/s too early (at 12 weeks) in my 2nd pregnancy and for about 6 weeks after that I told everyone, including my poor husband, that it was a boy. I hadn't bought anything yet but when I went back around 22 weeks to check for amnio fluid, it was definitely a girl, and she's definitely a beautiful lil girl!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think as long as you get the us at the appropriate time there shouldn't be mistakes... This is mostly common when people try to see the gender to early. At early stages both males and females have their sex organs pushed out to resemble a penis, it is only in the later weeks that in the female, it gets tucked in and pushed down.
    I say anywhere between 20-24 weeks and you should have an accurate gender.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009