Is there anything you wish YOUR parents had done differently?

I for one wish my parents had made me be neater when I was growing up.

They did a great job raising me, I had tons of other responsibilities but the whole keeping house thing was never a priority. I kind of wish it had been because it was a shocker marrying my husband and realizing I couldnt be a slob anymore!

MarchMarie

Asked by MarchMarie at 7:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wish they encouraged me more instead of using the reverse phsicology thing. And that they would believe in me more instead of the constant fear of failure in their eyes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wish my mom had taught me to cook. Admittedly, she did try and I was never interested, but I wish she had tried harder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Only thing i wish my mom had done different was leaving my dad sooner but i can see here reasons for staying. He threatened to kill me and leave my older brother(his stepson) as vegitable, and he would make my mom watch him break every bone in my body if she left him. I was 2yrs when she tried leaving him the first time. We finally got away from him when i was 13. So 11 years with an abusive father did alot fo damage to my selfesteem, and emotional state of mind. after two years of being on anit-depressants i finally got my life together, and got over my selfesteem issues.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 7:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wish we had more family time. A stronger work ethic. Well there are a few things but I think my parents really did do their best for the most part!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wish my parents paied more attention to me and my sister instead of our younger brother and our OLDER sister....My parents always played favorites. It's sad but true.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wish my mom would have been more affectionate with us. She never gave us hugs and to this day has a hard time being affectionate towards her children. I wish my father would have not played favorites with my younger sister, she is by far the most destructive and ill mannered one of us all. And most importantly, I wish they would have talked to us about sex, maybe I wouldnt have went out and experimented so young.
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wish my mother would of told me WHY she didn't want me around boys instead of panicking when I was around boys and talk to me about sex.

I wish she would of let me do somethings on my own instead of doing everything for me and my brother(I would tell her all the time that I wanted to do thing by myself)

I wish she wouldn't have argued with my father in front of me and my brother.
    And sometimes I think she punish us because she mad at my father.
    Krissy21

Answer by Krissy21 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wish my parents would have convinced me to finish college. All I wanted to do is party and have a good time, not go to school........ and now I am paying for it with a low paying job, barely getting by.....
    juju0707

Answer by juju0707 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wished my parents had tried harder to make their marriage work and not spent so many years fighting over us. I wished my mother hadnt lost her spirit sometime when I was a child and stopped mothering me. I wished she hadnt forced me to become the parent in our relationship because it doesnt work for me anymore. There are things that they DID do and DID give me that are invaluable and I cant thank them enough. They were good parents, but I wished they could have kept our family together. Now, I just have two different families instead of one. Its okay to go to plan B sometimes.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wish my mom wouldn't have taken me out of school at 15, moved me to another state, and never enroll me into another school. I'm paying for it now. I have to pay for my own GED and try to re-learn everything I learned in the 2 years I was in high school plus learn everything I didn't get a chance to learn on my own.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:02 AM on Aug. 11, 2009